Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blogrolling Without Relevance

Bill Baer at Baseball Daily Digest doesn't care about baseball's Hall of Fame anymore. It's a decent read, but the bigger question is this... why should anyone care about any sport's Hall of Fame? Quick, name me the best eligible NFL player who isn't in. Or the best NBA guy. (Hell, most of you won't even be able to tell me where the latter is located -- and by the way, NBA, feel free to throw Springfield under the bus and put it in New York already. There's no rule that your sport's hall has to be in some bucolic little town; it's not hitting the same audience.) Anyway, go give it a read.

I have readers (honest!) who think the blog should cover the NHL more. You know what the real trouble is? I just haven't been paying enough attention to the hockey lines. No, seriously, there are NHL Handicappers, lots of them, with over/under bets that seem to go all the way from 5.5 to 6.0 goals per game. Sadly, there's no over/under on how many defensive "Hockey is great! You just haven't given it a chance!"e-mails I'll get from daring to question the sanity of hockey over/under lines...

The great David Roth previews Steelers-Ravens in a column that, I'm sure, is the only one of its kind to use the word "doofily." I approve with the whole of my heart.



And finally, this fairly humorous long form ad from Kobe Bryant and Nike; I especially like the pointless horse. Though, given Mr. Bryant's past history, a broken ankle is not the body part I'd be worried about...

No comments: