1) I'm pretty neutral on Peyton Manning; he made me money in my roto league this year, but I've never really cared one way or the other if he wins or not.
But it's pretty clear that he gets an incredible free pass from the mainstream media. The first half should have ended 16-3 Colts, and the reason it didn't is that Manning couldn't hit the startlingly open Moorhead near the end of the second half. The picks were horrible decisions. And yet, no one says it out loud. Is he just that nice of a guy in the pre-game meetings?
2) I'm trying really hard to not be the blogger that rags on the ads, and the amount of ads -- it's tired. But man, playoff football is corptastic. This has been another edition of Obvious Complaints.
3) What, exactly, about the team name "Ravens" makes you want to come to the game wearing a pimp suit? And why does CBS insist on showing me this guy over and over again?
I'm convinced, on some level, that McNair and Co. saw this guy in the stands and lost all motivation to play well. Next time, Ravens management, fly in some of the GWAR/Mummer wannabees from the Black Hole in Oakland to show them how it's done. They'll be available.
4) Sure sign you're getting freaking old: you're remotely interested in the halftime act. I saw Prince in 1999 at a small venue, and it was the best live show ever -- he's amazing. Suspect he'll be a lot less so now and on that stage, though.
5) A lot of goats for this Ravens team. Billick for the second quarter kneel down, McNair for the picks, D-line for not getting the Colts off the field in the fourth. Pimpin' ain't easy.
As for the actual game... if you had Colts Win Due To Dom Rhodes' Ground Game, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Rhodes. Why couldn't you have been more useful to my roto team this year?