Monday, July 2, 2007

Last chance for ball 4?

Smoke Stewart's blog challenge is getting rolled up into some bigger contest, so I'm not sure I'll be picking games too much longer. (Of course, I'm not sure anyone gives a rat's ass.) On to the picks!

Monday

In lieu of actual research, I'm just going to bet the guys I have in my fantasy league. That's gotta work!

Cubs over NATS. Ted Lilly and the Cubs are on a roll, and Jason Simontacchi has too many letters in his last name to be good. 2,750 to win 1,871.

INDIANS over D-Rays. Fausto Carmona's bounce-back win. 2,750 to win 1,368.

ATHLETICS over Jays. Fear Lenny DiNardo! I do. 2,750 to win 2,183.

Braves over DODGERS. John Smoltz is an All-Star. Bet he's excited about that. 2,750 to win 3,190.

Tuesday

D-Rays over RED SOX. Dice-K's been dominant the last few starts... against the NL, in pitcher's parks. Scott Kazmir has gotten good support over the years against Boston, and with ManRam not really being ManRam this year, the Bostonians are susceptible to quality lefties. 2,739 to win 4,930.

Giants over REDS. Barry Zito is an all-or-nothing pitcher this year, and I'm thinking that today will be an all day. The Reds depend on Griff and Dunn to do their damage, and Zito should handle both. He's faced by Aaron Harang, who's due for low run support and some Barroid love. 3,500 to win 3,885.

Thursday

Going all-in early to try and stay alive... Indians over TIGERS. Sabathia's been nails all year, and Verlander has struggled post no-hitter. 4,500 to win 4,635.

Well, so much for that -- Tigers won in a 9-run squeaker. Smoke's balls are safe from the likes of me.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Quit playing Devil's Advocate! :)