Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Baseball Players Say The Darndest Things

From the Associated Press:

The day after RHP Kirk Saarloos failed to retire any of the seven batters he faced in Cincinnati's 14-10 loss to Pittsburgh, the Reds optioned him to Triple-A Louisville and recalled LHP Bobby Livingston. "I don't feel like I'm the problem," said Saarloos, 0-4 with a 7.04 ERA.
From the right perspective -- i.e., the hitter -- a 7-run ERA really isn't a problem.

And Managers, too!
AP: Boston Red Sox 1B Kevin Youkilis hit a stand-up, inside-the-park home run Monday, May 28, against the Cleveland Indians. "He runs right out of the batter's box every time," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "Sometimes you get rewarded for that, not with a triple but with a home run."
Gosh, what if *everyone* did that? I think I just blew my mind.

No comments: