Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sigh

There’s another reason I don’t vote – I don’t want jury duty. If you’re not registered to vote, you can’t get jury duty. I know that campaign Diddy had a couple years ago, “Vote or Die,” yeah if the alternative is jury duty, I’m going to die. I’m not going to get in one of these cases where they blow the jury members’ houses up to get out of the trial, I’m cool. I’ve seen too many movies. - Gilbert Arenas
Um, Agent Zero? I don't want to hate on you too much for being honest about your motivations, and maybe I'm just too stupid to hear the meta-comedy here -- heck, it's nice to read a guy who actually seems to enjoy his work and remain honest about things -- but most local governments go with DMV records, rather than voter registration records.

The reasons why is simple: not enough people vote to get people on juries. But I'm sure that Gilbert would be more than happy to give up his ability to operate a motor vehicle to spare himself the once every five years hassle of showing up at a municipal building and being sent home after a few hours, because no attorney in their right mind is going to put a celebrity on a jury. Let alone an erratic celebrity like, well, Agent Zero.

Seriously, on some level, don't the rich and famous people know that this kind of crap is why people like to see them get torn apart in the media?

No comments: