Monday, August 25, 2008

Epic Drop: Top 10 Reasons Why The Cardinals Are Choosing Kurt Warner Over Matt Leinart

Your link is here, and I've got to say that the more time that I spend considering this trustafarian bag of douche, the more I truly dislike him... and I'm not even a Cardinals fan. We're talking about a guy with more opportunities than any of us are ever likely to see, and what does he do with the opportunity? Drink with underaged co-eds. Fail to rehab from injury. Shown no evidence towards game planning or professional development.

Sure, sure, sure... he's just in his third year. There are plenty of quarterbacks that failed early that turned out to be more than acceptable -- Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Tony Romo, etc., etc. But the difference is that each of the other guys were in impossible situations, with terrible skill players, and usually in ferociously competitive divisions. Leinart plays in an NFL West that's basically the WAC of the NFL.

If I were a Cardinals fan, I think I'd well and truly hate this guy. There really isn't anyone on the Earth who is squandering their potential and looking good while doing it. We've had more than enough trustarians in this country, thank you.

No comments: