Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cub Fan Logic

A lot of talk out there about a certain Presidential hopeful's experience and whether he has the credentials for the job. A few days ago, Stuart Scott of ESPN asked a Barack Obama who he would root for in a Cubs-White Sox World Series. His response?

"Oh, that's easy. White Sox. I'm not one of these fair weather fans. You go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there. People aren't watching the game. It's not serious. White Sox, that's baseball. Southside.”

This has caused quite a stir in Chicago with Cubs fan. I've read quotes in the Trib by these fans that Obama made a mistake in insulting Cubdom and now they wouldn't vote for him and would cast their vote for the other guy. I was shocked by this. Who knew that Cubs fans knew how to vote. At least they don't have to worry about asking off work early to go vote.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Hi Blogger;
My name is Ellen and I shave a offer for you please contact me at ellen_s@mail.com.
Regards
Ellen Simpson

The Tao said...

This Ellen Simpson... did you by chance contact her and find out what happened after you did?

DMtShooter said...

Comment spam doesn't get replies.

The Tao said...

Somehow it's gotten through to blogs that have that image safeguard against spam, and I found it interesting how "Ellen" targeted so many poker blogs. Anyway...