Sunday, January 27, 2008

Common Site Questions

I've been in one of those cycles were people feel compelled to ask me questions about the blog, and repeating myself is boring. So here's the recent FAQ, in print form, so that I can just point people to the site and go back to being breathtakingly antisocial.

1) "How many T-shirts do you sell, anyway"

Who are you, the IRS? Not enough. Buy some. They make tits on a girl look big, and tits on a boy look small. It's freaking magic. Buy extras.

2) "What's your posting schedule?"

The Epic Drops happen Sunday through Thursday nights, so that site can have something to start its day with, and so that Scrap won't put out his cigarette in my face. The FTT work is a lot more scattershot, but my basic rule of thumb is to try not to let the scroll of content on the left try not to be too dwarfed by the business on the right. Yes, motivations to write are just that stupid for bloggers. Or, at least, this one.

3) "How much traffic and ad revenue do you get?"

Who are you, the IRS? Not enough. Click on some ads. Especially now that the New York Times is advertising on the site. Sure, they gave Judith Miller carte blanche to repeat the Bush Administration's lies to get us into the war in Iraq and pay William Kristol to be wrong about everything, but they're really liberal!

4) "How come you don't review movies, write about your personal life, inflict your musical tastes, cover reality television shows as if they were sports or provide link drops to other sites?"

For the first four, because this is (mostly) a sports blog, so I make the assumption that you're only here if you care about sports. I'm pretty sure that you don't care about me or the other writers on this site. And if you do, buy a shirt.

On the last one, because I'm just too lazy, but we might start doing that.

5) "Do you consider yourself a journalist?"

I was trained as one, but you can not pay me enough to go stand in a locker room and smell Athlete Stench while listening to savants recite cliches while they are mostly naked. I'm not quite sure why anyone accepts money for that job, really.

No comments: