Sunday, January 6, 2008

Five NFL Sunday Commercial Notes

1) Why are Burger King customers so angry? If I were told I couldn't have a Whopper, I'm pretty sure I'd order something else and get on with my life. But these people on these ads are ready to throw down. And this makes me want to go get one, um, why? (If a black person had a Whopper Freakout in the right/wrong zip code, I'm pretty sure that tasing would have been involved.)

2) Do you know anyone that is even mildly enthused about a new Rambo movie? You do? Please stop reading this blog. You're dragging down our advertising demographics. (I keed, I keed. Please, come, share, enjoy, click ads!)

3) Why do I want to own a car (the Jeep Liberty) that attracts singing wildlife? I imagine they'd crap on the upholstery something fierce.

4) Given that Lipitor is talked about by a creepy old guy in a jogging suit, why are we worried about what will happen to pregnant women with it? That guy's not getting anywhere near a pregnant woman, or any woman. (Well, OK, the slow girl at the fast food place. Maybe.)

5) What if I want to attempt the professional stunt woman from the Farmers Help Point ad? She looks like she's good to go to me...

Bonus Question: Who's a bigger douche, the actors in the NFL Network ad, or the NFL Network itself? It's kind of chicken and egg in its complexity, really...

Extra Super Bonus Question: Why do I want to choose the beer that I drink based on the opinion of a dog on a truck?

1 comment:

Dirty Davey said...

I thought the point was that dogs are stupid enough to make decisions based on ads painted on the side of trucks.