Saturday, January 12, 2008

Five NFL Saturday Commercial Notes

If cable operators are now dressing up in monster masks and menacing moronic teens and their ravenous dog, they are showing considerably more energy and initiative then they have in the past.

In re the Verizon ads saying the holidays aren't over yet, why doesn't anyone put up decorations for MLK Day? I call racism, America!

The KFC Hot Wings ad where the pontificating blond answers the question of "Will you go out with me?" with a "Yes." I think it would be the best ad ever if the question was "Will you go down on me?" No curse words, and damn, I bet it would sell some chicken...

In re the new "Terminator" series, I will come with Summer Glau, but not because I want to live. I will come with Summer Glau because I can't get me enough of some Summer Glau. (She was River in "Firefly", and I geek hard for "Firefly." You should, too.)

You know, I want NFL Network to go away because they ruin the week by shoehorning in useless Thursday night games. But being rid of their ads would also be a real plus. They put the bag in douchebag, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of decoration says "racial justice?" Hell, Hallmark doesn't even make a card for that.