Saturday, October 6, 2007

Six Random Observations from Cubs-DBacks Game 3

> There's cool, there's veteran cool, and then there's Might Actually Fall Asleep. Livan Hernandez is in the last part.

> Is it OK to hate Stephen Drew because of who his brother is? I feel like we should spell it Drue or something, to give him a chance.

> HD does Jason Kendall no favors. Let's just say the part where he shaves, he probably shouldn't.

> The Cubs have used six -- six! -- catchers this year. Let's just say that you might not have a great organization when this happens.

> The Cubs starting OF in this game was Soriano in left, Jones in center, and Floyd in right. That might be the worst defensive OF ever that didn't have the name Incaviglia in it.

> I like the water ad where a polite Lou Pinella gets run. Can we make more of those? "Hey, I just came out to say that I'm making a fantastic sum of money to coach a team of unlikable head cases. Can I stay out here for a while and pretend to argue with you, and then get ejected, so that I can avoid having to listen to Zambrano?"

No comments: