Monday, October 22, 2007

Maximum Possible Error



At the end of today in sports, I've been able to:

a) Watch my Eagles gag away a win by letting Brian Griese go 97 yards in less than two minutes with no timeouts

b) Watch the Red Sox complete a 3-1 comeback to go to the World Series

c) Watch the Redkins, Cowboys and Giants all win

d) Watch my main fantasy team put up a riveting 40 points and lose (we now have the lowest in the league)

e) Went 4-9 in my NFL picks

And yeah, I'm bent... but I also had friends over, the weather was great, the kids had fun. It's not like this is a great Eagles team that I was expecting a ton from before today's game. It's not as if the Red Sox have won the World Series (yet). It's not like I'm losing actual money on the NFL picks, or that either of my fantasy teams are completely dead (yet). I'm also old enough to not get too wiped out by bitter sports moments, really.

But having said all of that... GAHHHHHHH. Must. Find. Liquor. NOW.

No comments: