Friday, October 5, 2007

Bad Idea Jeans Moments Of The Week

Do you remember the old SNL skit "Bad Idea Jeans?" It was back when the Dockers commercials were everywhere - kind of like the Chevy "Our Country" ads today. The spoof showed guys making terrible decisions while wearing their "Bad Idea Jeans." It's time to revive that old skit with today's current events. Here are the Bad Idea Jeans moments of the week:

1. Golden State names Stephen Jackson as a captain. Yes, that Stephen Jackson who went into the stands wit Ron Artest. That Stephen Jackson who will start this season with a 7 game suspension for pleading guilty to a felony gun charge (he was shooting it in the air outside an Indianpolis strip club). And the same Stephen Jackson who recently got a new tattoo - of two praying hands, in front of a church window, holding a gun. When asked about it, Jackson replied "I pray I never have to use it again."

2. LeBron James wears Yankees hat to playoff game in Cleveland. Huh? Come on BronBron. You're too smart for that. Fine, you've been a Yankees fan all your life. You play for the city of Cleveland now. This is your family, and your family happens to like other teams despite the Cavs, like say, I don't know, the Indians. So what do you do? You go to a playoff game in Cleveland wearing the other's team cap. I only wish you played for the Sixers and went to the Phillies/Rockies game yesterday wearing a Rockies cap.

3. Picking the Phillies and Cubs in my playoff pool. First off, I hate the Cubs. My thinking in picking them was "Well, if they advance, at least I'll get something out of it." But now as I watch the games it's horrible - I can't root for them even though I picked them, and the fact they're going to get swept pisses me off that I didn't choose the D'Backs so I could double my enjoyment. Excuse me as I go punch myself in the face again. Ah, so this is how it feels to root for the Cubs. And the Phillies? What was I thinking? Betting against the hottest team in baseball was dumb enough, but betting on any team from Philly in a playoff situation is plain stupid.

And for those of you wondering about the Bad Idea Jeans skit.... enjoy.

BAD IDEA JEANS

Add to My Profile More Videos

No comments: