Sunday, December 9, 2007

A few questions for you college football fans

Again, I know nothing of college football, and only saw the Heisman Award event because I tuned in early for the 1am SportsCenter and caught the replay... but:

1) If you are Tim Tebow, can you really get all that wrapped up, and thank Jesus repeatedly, when you see Andre Ware, Gino Toretta and Eric Crouch on the dais behind you?

2) If you are Tebow, why, exactly, are you so enthused to go back to school? From what I can tell, the Florida offense involves him getting hit 30 times a game. Minimum.

3) Do the men I mentioned above (along with many, many others of course) show up at this event because of the promise of a hot meal?

4) How much better as a pro will Darren McFadden be, now that he's got the Double Pissed Off thing happening for him? I'd make the Mike Ditka Memorial Move for him, and I've never actually seen him play.

5) Shouldn't they just rename this thing the Offensive Skill Position Award?

But in all seriousness, congrats to Tebow. He joins Steve Spurrier and Danny Wuerrfel, the two previous Heisman QB winners from Florida.

Um...

6) Why does anyone care about this award again?

No comments: