Friday, February 13, 2009

25 Lies About Sports Blogging

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a post with 25 lies about sports blogging that you’ve made at one time or another. You do not have to specify when, how, or why you made those lies but you may do so if you so desire. At the end, spam 25 sports blogs with your list. You have to spam the person who spammed you. If I spammed you, it's because I want you to tell me 25 lies you’ve made at one time or another.

1. I never get ideas from Bill Simmons

2. Checking my site's visits and page view statistics on a near-hourly basis is beneath me

3. If there were no money in this, I'd still work as hard at it as I do now

4. My homerism is transparent and entertaining

5. I don't have a smoldering resentment for people with more popular blogs than mine who get there via The Titty

6. I don't include family members in posts just to see if they are paying attention

7. I never, ever entertain thoughts of quitting just to see how many "Please Don't Go!" e-mails and comments I'd get, like some fake suicidal angst teen girl

8. Commenters who flame me never make me want to exact a hopelessly juvenile and escalating revenge

9. Being energized by someone making a big ad buy is completely beneath me

10. I don't write just enough content to make sure that the elements on the right hand side match up

11. I pay for every image I use

12. There are no dreams of having this somehow become my full-time job

13. I have no shame about writing viral list content

14. I don't resent the world for always linking to the viral list content, rather than the thoughtful long form pieces

15. I wouldn't gladly take the press box access for fear of selling out my outsider perspective

16. There is no political agenda to the blog

17. If the World Wide Lemur gave me a shot, I wouldn't take it, despite the fact that I think they ruin just about everything they touch, and that I'm sure I'd get edited/neutered to death

18. I'm not secretly thrilled when some prominent athlete does something really regrettable in public

19. I respect other people's opinions when it comes to things like Brett Favre's leadership ability, Stephon Marbury's desire to play for another team, and the mystical importance and overall specialness of MLB+ teams

20. I can enjoy an MLB/NFL/NBA season just fine when my favorite team and fantasy team both suck

21. When it comes to a game between guys on my fantasy team(s) and my real-life team, I always and cheerfully root for my real team

22. I never think about, write or post things to the blog during Day Job hours

23. I never neglect my family to fill the bloghole

24. It's never a grind to get the last few entries in a list

25. I don't care if this post gets linked, generates traffic, or becomes a meme

4 comments:

Tracer Bullet said...

There's money in this?

Kim Plaintive said...

8.5) I've never tried to hook up with hot looking commenters...?

Business Horse said...

You know, there have to have been a few people in this world that have banged it out due to comments.

DMtShooter said...

Alana is more than welcome to try to get the Shooter Wife to share.

(That sound you just heard was Tracer Bullet's head exploding in raw jealousy. Push him over the edge, girl...)