Friday, October 3, 2008

NCAA Winning Picks Week 6

Wow. 1-4 last week, 1-5 when you count on the double bet. This lackluster showing brings the Truth season to 13-13 in total bets. Pretty pathetic by the Truth's standards. I'm either nailing it each week or on the receiving end. All you have to do is figure out which and you could clean up. Gotta change the mojo again so we're road tripping. 6 road teams to choose from. I'm predicting a 5-1 week.

Texas Tech -7 @ Kansas State. I'd be willing to lay up to 13 or 14 points here so it feels like a value bet. Tech scores at will and K State's D looks a little limp this year.

Kansas -11.5 @ Iowa State. Another spread that surprised me. I thought it would be around 18 or so. More value. The Jayhawks are 12-4 ATS with conference opponents the past 3 years so look for that trend to continue.

Illinois +2 @ Michigan. Yes, I'm picking against Michigan again this week. Unlike Wisconsin, Illinois has a pretty good offense and Michigan has proven over the past 2 years they can't handle an athletic QB. The Juice will be loose in Ann Arbor.

Mizzou -10.5 @ Nebraska. It's a pity both these teams can't lose. But this spread is WAY too low. I could see Mizzou as a 3 TD favority. Their offense is just that good. I'm not sure the Mizzou punter will see the field on Saturday.

Texas -13 @ CU. I'm a bit nervous about this one. Would have loved to see this spread at 10. But UT is 4-0 against the spread this year so let's hop on board.

Ohio State -1 @ Wisconsin. Beanie should be playing the entire game and Wisconsin showed last week they have some issues on offense. I should point out that Ohio State is 0-4 ATS this year. But don't you want to be there when they cover?

No comments: