Monday, July 9, 2012

A Brief Note Of Staggering Meaninglessness

This week, I'm on the road for the day job. This means that I get to train some poor young person in all that I know and do, which surprisingly, will take up a considerable amount of time. (I know. Shocking, isn't it?)

Also, the next two days will involve the perfect encapsulation of all that ESPN is, which is to say, feverish coverage of things that are Not Sport.

As I write this, I'm struggling with a Wifi connection that's so weak, I think it is being powered by a 1200 baud modem. With rusty connection points, and one of those phone cords with the dongle yanked out.

So posting at the hotel, on my off hours, seems fairly unlikely. As I'll be in the office for the day job, in front of any number of people who I work with but do not often see, there's really not going to be much in the way of time to post there, either. (This is also why today's posts don't have images.)

Oh, and there's also this: blogging, which was never terribly lucrative, has gotten dramatically much less so in the past couple of years.

So.

Posts might not be so frequent for a few days.

You just spent a couple of minutes reading that.

I just spent the better part of an hour writing and uploading that.

Clearly, we have better ways to spend our time, no?

No comments: