Thursday, May 1, 2008

Drops From All Over

What, you think that I just took the FTT shutdown lying down? No, faithful readers: I took it lying down all over the place. I'm pretty sure I've got bedsores. Or maybe that's syphilis. Anyway, here goes...

This list of murder suspects got a Deadspin link and a lot of support from my fellow bloggers. Plus, it gave me the chance to show EC Editor Scrap in his natural habitat. I'm very proud of it, and until Buzz Bissinger went postal, it was quite the cause celebre on the blogs. So go take a look.

Once Buzz had his pound of Will Leitch's flesh, there was an inevitable slam dunk list for the Carnival. Don't worry if you don't really care about blogging; it's more about boiling down the takeaways from a frothing senior. Good times!

Chamo Davis over at Fortress of Pillows gave me a roof to sleep under, and I spent my evening there pointing out that when NBA coaches get fired, it's really not a tragedy. You'll like it, because I know you, and you really like seeing Avery Johnson put out of everyone's misery.




The Carnival also saw a reaction to the latest in what promises to be an utterly endless string of tawdry allegations about Roger Clemens. Why wait to discover what the Rocket did next? It's a public service post, really. Here's the bigger question... how many more of these things have to come down the path before we're into Pete Rose territory, and the best pitcher of his generation isn't in the Hall of Fame? (Wait. Don't answer that until the human trafficking allegations surface. The Rocket is a gift that just keeps on giving.)

Flatus Yahu.com also gave me access to try to come to grips with the end of the party that was Game Five of the Celtics-Hawks series. It's a cheery little reminder, like looking at Sam Cassell wasn't enough of one, that we're all going to die.

Finally, I'd like to thank AJ Daulerio at Deadspin, The Sports Diva, Rupert over at the Ghost of Wayne Fontes, Isaac over at the World of Isaac, and 100% Injury Rate over at Fan IQ, and all of my fellow carnies at Epic Carnival. Your support really helped me to keep working when I just wanted to be negative. Much appreciated.

2 comments:

Mac G said...

Glad to see you back up and running shooter.

Rupert Entwistle said...

Welcome back buddy. And many thanks for thanking me.