Monday, April 14, 2008

Very Successful

Sad, sad news on the wire -- the very worst play by play man any of us has ever mostly not heard will be leaving us.

ProFootballTalk.com

Bryant Gumbel, who served as the play-by-play announcer for the first two years of NFL Network’s in-house coverage of regular-season games, is leaving the position.

“I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to call NFL Network games the past two years, which was a new experience for me,” Gumbel said in a release. “But we’ve agreed that we’d all be better served going in different directions. There are a lot of talented people at NFL Network. I thank them, I wish them well, and I have no doubt that they will be very successful going forward.”
Who will we rely on to mispronounce well-known player names? Consistently foul up down and distance calls? Sound as disinterested and emotionless as Joe Buck on life support? Be my go-to guy for how craptastic NFL coverage can be? Dammit, Emmit Smith can only carry so much of the load here!

All I can say for NFLN is this -- you have better not touch Deion Sanders. Or your network will be, you know, a laughingstock.

No comments: