Monday, April 6, 2009

And This Is Why I Gamble

News out of San Antonio tonight that the Spurs' Manu Ginobili, who I've been waiting patiently on for most of the year to try to get the boost that I need for my fantasy team, is done for the year with a stress fracture in his leg.

It's a weekly moves league, so I'm looking at zeroes now from Manu's spot during the most important week of the year. I was hoping to hold unto my third place standing, and not lose money from being in the league.

This, after the out of the blue injury earlier in the year to Amare Stoudemire, which more or less killed my chance of winning the freaking league.

I have no point here, other than taking very little solace in the fact that the Spurs are as dead as my fake team...

1 comment:

John said...

his is a huge blow for the Spurs season. Already they are having so much of problem and the last they need is something like this.

As a big fan of his game, I'm really devastated to hear such news. It's going to really sad to see a playoffs for the first time in almost 6 years without a Manu Ginobili.

I'm not sure whether or not the Spurs can post a title challenge depending on both Tim Duncan and Tony Parker alone. But I would most certain love to hear your views on this.