Thursday, April 16, 2009

205 Drop: Top 10 upcoming Guitar Hero releases

The drop over at 205 today isn't a sports piece at all; it's a make with the funny moment in regards to the new Guitar Hero edition put out by Metallica. If you think this game will sell big units, you might want to go pick up the Aerosmith version that came out about a year ago at your local video game store. If it's not in the racks, check under the tables, as it makes for a fine leveling device.

The simple fact is that band-specific releases of the game (and I suspect, a similar moment next year when a rap-only game comes out) will always perform badly in the market, because for every Metallica fan out there, there are at least 5 people shrugging, and four others actively avoiding the damn thing.

Count me in the latter camp, by the way. Despite any number of people telling me how much I need to like these guys over the years, they just do nothing for me.

I realize that this makes me a gigantic eunuch in the eyes of the Metalli-faithful, who are still busying telling me that UFC is a promotion, and not a sport, because if I knew that, then I'd like human cockfighting.

In other news, they get the Internet in trailer parks now.

Anyway, the 205 drops are going to start verging beyond sports, especially later in the week, because that site's mission statement is beyond our usual playpen. So feel free to click, or not.

No comments: