Thursday, May 28, 2009

205 Drop: Top 10 approaching ethical crises in sports

Today's list is educational all over. For instance, I wasn't quite sure of the plural of crisis before. But seriously...

It has long been the belief of this writer that, as base and craven meatbags, we're in a bad way to deal with the ever-increasing speed of ethical concerns that breakthrough tech can bring. As a very small aside/example... I am, on average, a fairly dramatically short adult male. (How much? I'm looking up at Nate Robinson, and eye to eye with Muggsy Bogues. It comes in handy on trains and planes.) This (really, honestly, truly) doesn't bother me, and I'm sure it helped me develop my grinding worker ways; I wouldn't change my size, even with a pain-free one-shot pill.

But what if the Shooter Wife and I had the ability to give that one-shot pain-free height pill to the Shooter Kids? Would they be better off being more likely to be average height? (And, um, especially if the Shooter Kids were male.) And if we really want to up the ante into realms of not sports and not politically correct, substitute "sexual orientation" for "height."

In any event, my brain isn't big enough to deal. So, um, very big brained people? Please work these questions out, and fast, because the tech isn't slowing down... and I'm not sure our brains are speeding up.

Anyway, go click, post a comment, tell me I'm short, etc. And thanks, as always, for reading.

No comments: