Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Shocked, Shocked, To Find...

Oh, just when it was safe to go back to Blogfrica... the prodigal interception machine is going to meet with the Vikings and Brad Childress about their quasi-vacancy at QB, given that Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson don't exactly inspire confidence.

Nor, for that matter, does Quitter Boy, who is free and clear of the Jets now that they've got Matt Sanchez and, well, didn't want his sorry ass around.

One wonders, really, when the national media will finally wake up and smell the coffee here. I don't particularly care what Favre does or doesn't do; hell, as a fantasy stat hound, I might even draft his ass in a dome with Adrian Peterson to hand the ball off to, though it's not as if he has a track record of success under glass.

I would also completely change my tune about him if, for the love of Vince Lombardi, he just came out and said something like this.

"Look, I might have talked about going back to the farm and being a family man and being old and tired before, but let's face facts. I'm going to make a boatload of money from playing, and I won't if I'm not. I'm also not so good that I want to be in a situation where a team has any other option but to put up with me and my 20+ picks a year. So New York made sense last year, and Minnesota makes sense this year, and so long as I can keep doing this without getting benched or wearing a Raiders jersey, I'm going to keep getting paid."

Honesty, Brett. It might not sell as many pairs of Wrangler jeans, but it will recover what's left of your soul.

No comments: