Monday, June 2, 2008

It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times

Today, my family celebrated my upcoming birthday (it's Tuesday, and I turn neatly older than every professional athlete, thanks for asking).

Because the Shooter Wife and Mom are cooler than your Wife and Mom, I'm getting the new PS3 and Grand Theft Auto 4, which means that the site will more or less cease operations in another ten days, as I get my thug on. (I keed. But seriously, guest authors welcome.)

Meanwhile in my fantasy league, my previously resurgent team started June with...

1) David Ortiz getting an MRI

2) Nick Blackburn taking a shot off the face from Bobby Abreu (both of them on my team), knocking him out a game where he was up 3-1 and 2 outs from locking down a win

3) BJ Ryan, JJ Putz and Trevor Hoffman all having save opportunities... and all getting the snot beaten out of them

4) Falling from second to third and losing three points in ratios (hard to do in a roto league with nearly 500 innings in the books)

It's a long season. And tonight, that's not really a comfort.

No comments: