Sunday, July 17, 2011

Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh

That's a quote and image from Deadwood, from the character of Al Swearingen, in "Deadwood," which I've been watching and loving... and whipping through, mostly because the Shooter Wife has been all over these as well, and it's been fun to watch them together. I think she's got something for Timothy Olyphant, and if she doesn't, she's wrong. But that's not what I'm writing about here.

The new day job is sending me on the road again, for four days of intensive meetings, business presentations and networking. (And yes, drinking. Along with BBQ, bowling, and drinking. I have a hard life.) So the posts for the next few days might be lacking in number or nuance, not that I'm claiming numbers or nuance in the past few months, but so be it. If the NBA and NFL end their lockouts, it's all my doing for taking some time off. (And if those things happen, and I don't somehow take some minutes in a hotel room to grind something out? You'll know that I am well and truly beaten down.)

We now return you to whatever will come.

No comments: