Friday, January 14, 2022

Who Asked For This? The Five Tool Tool Reboot

 

I know what you are thinking, Theoretical Reader. 

Oh dear God, why?

I mean, had you been in any way intelligent, you'd have stopped watching sports the second that the Eagles finally won a Super Bowl, instead of just stopping the blog.

Achievement Unlocked. Find a new game.

Spoiler alert! I kept watching sports. 

So here's the full list of reasons that have tipped me over to writing new content for the blog:

1)  I also still write about them. Just on social media and randomly, which is to say, on something that doesn't give me the dopamine rush of having past precedent to call up. (Side note: some of those social media entries have blown up, so if I ever had "it" before, I have "it" now.)

2) People ask. Well, OK, not many and not often, but enough. YOU'RE WELCOME.

3) We still have T-shirts! I found them the other day. You can buy one. (Please do. Especially if you wear a Medium. Lots of Medium.)

4) If the Eagles or Sixers make a deep playoff run, I'm going to want to remember all of the details that only show up if I blog it.

5) We might make a dime from it. Unlikely, but hey. I'll take dimes.

So what will be different?

1) Much less routine posting. I'm not going to pick NFL games or predict seasons or do game diaries. The Internets are full of such things, and even though those features were liked, the juice is not worth the squeeze.

2) More things that are Not Sports -- but still focusing on Game, if you catch my drift.

If the world wasn't thigh-deep in a pandemic, stand up comedy clubs might exist, and I might screw up my coverage and use the stuff that makes people laugh IRL, well, on stage. So let's do the next best thing and repurpose that content here, where it might draw a snort or chuckle or two.

3) More things that are Whatever. 

Hey, you chose to patronize the reboot. That gives me carte blanche to experiment, right?

4) The URL.

It turns out that the old direct one has been taken over by some Asiatic site that horned in on all of my sweet old dead crawler traffic. So you'll have to type the blogspot in now, or bookmark a new page. Times are hard, we'll get through it. Somehow.

5) No ads! 

Avoiding the URL also means I get to avoid paying the terrible people at Register anything, and dear Lord in heaven, that's a win.

We also just up and removed all of the ads, at least for now. for a wide number of reasons. You People are just going to have to tip enough to counter all of that lost revenue. (Hint: That won't take much.)

So, spread the news, alert the media, uncover that old tattoo that you've felt bad about having for four years and know that Life Can Indeed Improve. 

Also, buy a T-shirt. A medium T-shirt.

Five Tool Tool Is Back.

No comments: