Thursday, August 8, 2013

Time Will Tell, Yes, Indeed, Time Will Tell

One of the great and good things about middle age is that it gives you the total confidence to call out the wrong way of doing things, because you've been around long enough to, well, know what's right and what's wrong...

And not to care very much about the grave consequences and enemies that you might create from doing such things, mostly because said consequences are mostly only in your mind. Given the option to get on with their life versus holding a pointless grudge, most people will choose the former, if only because you'd actually have to get their attention to generate the grudge in the first place.

So. Getting on with it. To my fellow members of the Sports Blogging Public, assuming that there are any humans left in the game, rather than just AI listicle generators...

If you use the phrase "Time Will Tell", especially in lieu of an actual opinion as part of your spout about a trade or draft pick or hire...

What you are really saying is "I'd like to waste a small but memorable portion of your life with the literary equivalent of packing peanuts."

That is, if you aren't saying, "I've put my testes in a blind trust, where they will accrue interest over the years, and will be returned to me on my deathbed, where I'll finally be able to tell people what I really think."

Musical Accompaniment! Feel free to skip to the chorus at 0:42 or 2:12, though the whole thing is Words To Grow On...



Love,

A Guy Who Has Honestly Read "Time Will Tell" on a half dozen tout sites in the past week

No comments: