Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Silly Season

Every year, as the NCAA Tournament begins, I join the ranks of people who, well, wonder what the hell's the deal with sports. There's all of these people who are getting all kinds of excited about games, and I'm pretty much sitting on the sidelines, waiting for it all to be over, so we can go back to talking about stuff I care about.

Which is my weak and roundabout way of apologizing for the slower rate of posts recently, but that's not the only factor.

On Saturday afternoon, my keeper fantasy baseball league -- the only one I still play -- is going to have its annual draft. Which means that I'm in full prep mode, with rankings and sleepers and busts and way too much reading and research, really. Running the draft also means that I have to be more prepared than the usual owner, since I can't look up stuff on the fly during the draft without delaying things.

So, anyway, that's the reason why the posts have been a little thin this last week. We'll be back to our usual 15 to 20 a week soon, and you'll have the full "benefit" or my pre-draft rankings as soon as the information won't be used against me by a court of rivals. Try to keep your shirt in with the anticipation.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled timewaste.

No comments: