Friday, February 11, 2011

FTT Off-Topic: Whuck Traffic

First, the music in my head when I examined this. It's also been in my head for any number of moments, with any number of women. But that's besides the point.



As the owner of the very small business that is FTT, I monitor the site traffic. You get these small moments of amazement when you do this (the site was mentioned on a radio show in Shebogyan, Wisconsin, and a forum in Tel Aviv this week -- welcome, cheese eaters and Tribesman!), and you get clues as to what people are interested in.

And then there are things like this... when two different visits from similar IP addresses in zero hour of Greenwich Mean Time (aka, Western Europe) loves in for a total of five minutes, and makes something like 600 page views. And the only thing I can think of is... whuck?

Maybe it's a content engine algorithim, sucking up all of my words and reposting them on some Euro content farm that's looking for SEO goodness. Maybe it's one particular ADD-addled user with a massively fast Web connection, just wanting to see all of the images in a Clockwork Orange-esque torture push. Maybe it's how the search engines index the site. I have no clue, and I don't really expect any of you to know either, but if you do... please, by all means, let me know.

And if you are that user? I'd love to know what goes on in your mind. Especially if you've got a Hammond organ, or play drums like Mo Tucker.