Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Link, Because We Are Not Dead

So I got an email the other day from a new site to the YardBarker network, asking to be added to the blogroll... which made me, um, check how many sites on the blogroll were still active citizens of Blogfrica. (Blogfrica was a term invented by the genius behind the Nation of Islam Sports Blog... which is also, um, no more.)

The site in question is Gridiron Experts, who would appreciate your attention to their NFL Depth Charts. Still too early for me to start thinking too hard about fantasy football -- jeez, people, the calendar just turned to June, give me another couple of weeks of watching too much NBA, willya? -- but I suspect many of you are already dreaming of a fall championship. Go with greed.

Anyway, getting back to the Blogroll... I cleaned, purged, and found that an awful lot of those links were no more, or at the very least, seemed very shagged out after a long squawk. (I.e., not updated for years.) So that roll has been trimmed back more than a touch.

If you want a link, have a sports blog, were on it before and are just plying your trade at a new place, get in touch. If you are wondering why I'm still at this when so many others have found better things to do with their time, then you probably don't know me very well, and haven't gotten the point of the blog, (Hint: It's About Game. Everything else is noise.) And if you want to mourn the loss of all of that talent, or just get all morbid with me in the middle of the night... Play us out, Jim and Edwin! (And please, people, don't go out like Neville. Ennui is just not a manly way to exit.)



No comments: