Wednesday, June 10, 2009

205 Drop: Top 11 signs your fantasy baseball team isn't going to win this year

Link's here. Normally at this point of the year, I've got a bit of a sense of what my team's need, and I've also started to grind on the day-in day-out moves that make fantasy baseball more of a high-maintenance joyless drain (honestly, it's the only sport in which daily moves make any kind of sense, and the sense they make is all bad), rather than, you know, Actual Gambling Fun And Thrills.

Not this year. I'm in three leagues. In the keeper roto league, I'm a second division team that can't get consistent at-bats for my second-tier hitters. I've also spent most of a month getting decent pitching that hasn't overcome the Ricky Nolasco Ratio Tragedy. Oh, and there's also Joey Votto's stress problem, which has caused a considerable stress problem for me, too. See you at the meetings, Joey.

In the work head to head league, I drafted Jose Reyes and Manny Ramirez, which is to say, my offense is not exactly potent. And in the head to head league that the Five Tool Ninja runs, I've got five players on the DL, all of them important enough to keep.

If you review my preseason sleepers and busts, you'll see that I batted 1.000 -- absolutely no hits -- and frankly, I'm amazed to even be .500 at this point. My only real hope is for health, reversals, and for my league mates to lose interest. Yay, gambling!

(And yes, I know, you could not give less of a crap. But hey, you use what you've got to fill the hole.)

No comments: