Sunday, October 26, 2008

Epic Drop: Top 12 things you learn from the NY Times' mouth job of the OKC Thunder

Your link is here, and honestly, does anyone that does not live in Oklahoma (and it's not like they have the Internets there anyway) wish anything but ill for the Thunder? I suspect they'll actually be better this year than their last one in Seattle, simply because they will actually have a home-field advantage -- it's not like any visiting NBA team is going to want to play there.

But in terms of long-term success... can you imagine any free agent that would want to be there, or that Kevin Durant won't be packing his bags as soon as he can? I get that they've got some other pieces, but in terms of karma, they've salted the earth. And all of the media mouth jobs won't wash that away. (And no, I'm not linking to the Times' piece. Your blood pressure is high enough.)

2 comments:

Tracer Bullet said...

Can OKC be that much worse than metropolises like Salt Lake City, Cleveland or Sacramento?

DMtShooter said...

Here's how lame SLC is... I couldn't even remember them in my list entry of lame cities.

Having driven through it twice, I can also attest... the Great Salt Lake? Stinks on ice. I mean, bad...