Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Russell Wilson Has Issues

One of these men need to be sacked
File this under the heading of "No One Should Ever Like Anyone, Or Try To Help..."

Seattle QB Russell Wilson has an off-season charity where he goes out on a big limb to try to alleviate the problem of childhood hunger. Pretty safe cause, right? One you should be able to pitch on any channel without getting dragged into snark and stupidity?

Ah, but then there's Fox. Who, I'm pretty sure, would come out against oxygen if it were commonly known that their political opponents enjoyed it. Here's Neil Cavuto, deciding that anyone who doesn't want kids to go hungry must have a political axe to grind with Michelle Obama. Quotes...

"Well, Russell, what are we doing wrong then as a nation though with this urging them to eat healthy or set up these school lunch programs where they're urged to eat healthy. I mean, Michelle Obama's trying. Many argue that she's getting to be too much of a food police mommy," Cavuto said. "Be that as it may, whatever she's doing isn't working and I'm wondering what you're doing that is working. What's the difference?"

Um, Neil? Childhood hunger and school lunches, while related, aren't quite the same thing. And kids who are hungry don't choose to not eat rather than eat healthy. Also, um, Wilson is African-American. You think he's going to throw Michelle Obama under the bus?

"Well, the first lady, I have so much respect for her. I was able to meet her and the President, obviously, you know when we went to the Super Bowl, we won the Super Bowl and got to go to the White House," Wilson said. "You know, I think at the end of the day, you know the kids, it's tough to eat healthy. You know, I remember when I was a little kid I was always struggling trying to eat healthy." [...]
"Really? That was never my problem, Russell. I guess you have some issues," Cavuto said.
 Gosh, Neil! If only the world-class two-sport Super Bowl QB winning athlete was good enough to eat as well as you. He might have made something of his life!

No comments: