Friday, May 27, 2011

Weekend Off

Well, not off, just not blogging.

I was watching a few minutes of a Yankee piece of propaganda tonight, in which the scions of Big Stein say that one of the old man's aphorisms is that if you tell more than two people about a good thing you did for someone else, you didn't do a good thing at all.

This, like many things Big Stein said, is horseflop, but well-sounding horseflop.

Anyhoo... I'm doing a good thing tomorrow. And maybe Sunday, and Monday too, if it needs more doing.

If it ends early -- can't imagine it will, but hope springs eternal -- maybe I'll hie thee to a poker table and have some Daring Adventures to write about tomorrow night. Or even the ability to sit still and write about baseball, for the 14 of you who have been patiently waiting for me to end this NBA foolishness and get back to a sport you care about.

Come hell or high water, I'll also be around to write about Heat Mavs Game 1 on Monday night, and to make a big old picks column about who I think will win that. Seeing how I'm .500 with a bullet picking series this year, 2-1 with the Heat and 0-3 with the Mavs, you'd be a sap not to read that one, and run screaming the other way.

But for the next good long while, you're on your own, assuming the rest of the blog has already been thrown into the fires of your wordhole. So check out the blogroll, click on some ads, and be good to each other and any Troop you might happen to see.

As for me, I'm off to do a good thing. Too much of one, I suspect.

1 comment:

online gambling said...

Really great blog. My friends referred me your site. Looks like everyone knows about it. I'm going to read your other posts. Take care. Keep sharing.