Sunday, June 5, 2022

Citizens Bank Phillies Radio Ad Meeting

Meeting Come To Order
Marketing Coordinator: OK, folks, we've got to come up with the radio spot for Citizens Bank for the 2022 Phillies radio season.

Media Buyer: What's the target market we're trying to reach here?

Account Lead: Dead-end rideshare drivers that we're trying to torture into insanity, hospice guests who need a shove, and people who are trapped under something heavy.

Media Buyer: OK, so the usual sports radio market. Should we make more than one of these?

(Entire creative group shudders)

Account Lead: Um, no, and I've got a TikTok feed I need to get back to which I'm classifying as research. Any ideas?

Creative Lead Who Has Never Watched Or Listened To A Baseball Game In Their Life: I'd just like to point out that I've never watched or listened to a baseball game in my life. 

Account Lead: As have we all. What's your point?

Creative Lead: Well, I did watch three minutes of "Moneyball" on a plane six months ago, and it seemed like people who watch baseball seems to like statistics.

(Entire group shudders)

Account Lead: This TikTok feed isn't going to watch itself. What's your point?

Creative Lead: Well, we could say that Citizens Bank aren't just fans -- they're fanatics. And as fanatics, they would care about things that hardcore baseball fans care about.

Media Buyer: You mean like who is the most effective pitchers and hitters? 

Creative Lead: No, like how many square feet of grass there is, and that Citizens is obsessed with things like sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are, I believe, required for proper baseballing.

Media Buyer: I'm going to go back to my laundry.

Account Lead: I like it, in that I stopped listening 14 seconds ago. You have enough for a 30-second script that we can play on heavy rotation and help cause people across the Delaware Valley to snap?

Creative Lead: Yes. We'll get a Sassy Black Woman to voice it so that we can pretend out industry is diverse.

Media Buyer: I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Account Lead: Good idea. Should we vet this for sanity against anyone who actually listens to baseball games?

(Entire group laughs)

Creative Lead: That's so funny!

Account Lead: Good work, everyone. See you in 12 months.

Media Buyer: Hey, before we break -- should we do a refresh of the Rothman Orthopedic spot?

Account Lead: What's the body count at?

Media Buyer (checks tracker): 8,027. 

Account Lead: Ping me back when we get to 10K.

Creative Lead: We're getting pretty darn good at sitting!

(Entire group laughs)

(camera pans back to see pooling blood, fades to black)

No comments: