Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Small But Obvious Note To Coach For Life Andy Reid

No one cares if you, or your team, can learn anything from any experience.

Personally, I've learned over the years that I would not trust you to find your ass with both hands and a map.

We also do not care if your players love you.

Personally, I'd love to have a boss that lets me work in an atmosphere without consequence. That must be very refreshing for football players, who have had to work their whole lives under more harsh conditions.

We do not care if you work hard.

Personally, I have, on many occasions, worked very hard at something that turned out to be an utter waste of time. (Not naming names. Some of those people aren't well.)

We care about wins.

So we're learning, and have been for the better part of a year now, to not care about you. I wasn't even mad last night at the end of that game. How can you be mad about something that happens over and over and over and over again? (One over for each fourth quarter lead blown. See how that works?)

And dammit, how I wish I could learn how to not care about this franchise faster...

No comments: