Thursday, May 11, 2023

So, this happened: my first royal flush in a live poker game

That's my K-Q suited pairing up so nicely with the board.

It also made me $420, because we've got a side pot set up to reward such things, and it hadn't paid off for over 16 months.

(Details of hand: I raised pre-flop, a small stack went all in, I called for not much more, and everyone at the table didn't see it was a Royal for a few seconds, because once the 4 hit, I had the hand won.)

It's a weird feeling to hit a hand like this in the middle of a tournament, and then just have the, you know, next hand happen because of course that's what happens. Life, and poker, is in progress, and while we stopped for a minute or two to take pictures and say Woo Hoo, there's really nothing more to be said. It happened. Next hand. 

Take your big win and your life achievement unlocked and be on your way..

No comments: